Thursday 6 October 2011

Planning for the front cover: Research into the three colour pallet scheme.

Last year, when taking AS media, I completed research into a music magazines. When doing this I found out about the use of three colour pallets and how every magazine uses a three colour pallet. When I done more research into the three colour pallet I then applied it to my music magazine. I then used the scheme for the front page, contents and double page spread of my music magazine.
When I began the research into newspapers, both national and local, I found out that they both use colour pallets of three. I knew I would have to apply a three colour pallet to the Haverhill Weekly Gazette so I then went and done research into my local newspapers to help me see what colours they use for their local newspapers and then come up with a range of colour pallets for the Haverhill WeeklyGazette and then choose the one which I think is most acceptable for my local newspaper.
Local newspapers three colour pallet:
Haverhill Weekly News - black, grey and blue
Haverhill Echo - black, white and red
Sudbury Mercury - Black, blue and yellow
Cambridge Evening News - black, blue and red
Cambridge First - black, white and blue
Cambridge Weekly News - black, blue and yellow
Bury Free Press - black, blue and yellow
Bury Journal - black, blue and yellow
Bury Mercury - black, blue and orange
Bury Times - black, blue and red

Here are some colour examples of three colour pallet that we may use for the Haverhill Weekly Gazette.

No comments:

Post a Comment